Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with keeping and/or sharing specific content on a web server handled by a hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a glance at them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to have a website, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by given providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely false explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between separate sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web site hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain firms offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a vast number of images with chums or colleagues since the service is generally free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your emails. Some companies offer hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to set up an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content only.